Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact: DataProtectionManager@snapon.com
We appreciate your interest in our services and your visit to this website. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes.
- 1.What personal data do we gather?
We collect and process a range of personal data including:
Data you give to us:
- This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or at trade shows or events or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give to us includes for example: name, title, business email address, country of origin/nationality, preferences provided by Internet activity, survey responses marketing efforts, and the name of the company you work for.
Data we collect about you:
Data we collect from other sources:
- We may also receive information about you from other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and/or combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
- We also work with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, lead generators, data aggregators, social media platforms. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- 2.How is that personal data used by us?
We may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- Website Experience: for the technical administration of the website; for internal operations; for customer administration; for product surveys; for troubleshooting; for data analysis, data analytics, testing, and research and development purposes; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Providing Support: to provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments; to notify you about changes to our service; and to measure how effectively we address your concerns;
- Protecting our Rights and Property: to protect our rights or property or that of our business partners, franchisees, dealers, suppliers, customers or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected; to recover debts; to prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities and prohibited behavior or activities.
- Marketing: to communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, or offered by others, that are similar to those that you have already enquired about; and
- Surveys: to request and receive from you information regarding your experience with our products and services. We may use the information to design offers customized to your interests.
- 3.On what legal basis do we gather and use my data?
By visiting our website and/or providing your personal data in order to use our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- 4.Is my personal data transferred or provided to third parties?
We will disclose such data for the following purposes:
- to improve and optimise our site and services;
- to enable them to offer products or services that may be of interest to you (provided that you have consented), which you may opt out of receiving as described below; and
- as required by law in cases where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, as well as that of our customers, clients, or others or in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such data from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for data in these types of transactions.
- 5.How long will my personal data be kept for?
We will endeavour not to keep your personal data in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems or anonymised when it has reached the applicable retention period.
- 6.Will my personal data be transferred to other countries?
Personal data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to members of our group and other third parties as set out above, provided that certain conditions as set out in the applicable legislation are complied with. Your personal data will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order and the provision of support services.
We are party to a data transfer agreement with the members of our group and we will (i) keep that document up to date with current law, and (ii) only engage in personal data transfers from the EEA to outside the EEA in accordance with such an agreement or an alternative means of transfer in compliance with data protection legislation. For more information on the safeguards in place, please contact DataProtectionManager@snapon.com
- 7.What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
We endeavour to protect the security of your personal data. We will seek to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us or stored on our systems; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. These procedures include physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
- How do I update or access my personal data?
We ask that you keep your data as up-to-date as possible so you may get the maximum benefit from us.
For questions related to updating or changing your account information please contact us using the “Contact Us” link on this website.
- 9.What rights do I have in relation to my personal data?
Depending on the circumstances, you may have the right to:
- request access to any personal data we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes;
- ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended or updated;
- ask to have your data erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- request the porting of your personal data to another organisation in control of your personal data; and/or
- object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
If you wish to make a formal request for information we hold about you, you can contact us, at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com
- 10.How do I opt out of being contacted for promotional purposes?
You have the right to ask us not to send you marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting the personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal data. You can also exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in any informational or promotional email that we send you.
- Clicking here LINK if you want to modify your subscription, email and contact preferences or if you have questions about removing your name from our subscription lists.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website, apps and online services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies These allow visitors to the website the functionality to share our content with a variety of social media outlets
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
If you consider that the applicable data protection legislation or this policy has not been followed, then you should raise the matter with Data Protection Manager at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com . Any breach will be taken seriously.
- 13.Modifications to this Privacy Statement